Friday, October 15, 2010

Wigs and Laughter

 There are few things sweeter than time spent with my granddaughters, Kathryn, Hannah, and Sadie. They bring a kind of joy that fills the whole room, the kind that makes me forget the to-do list and just live in the moment.

Playing with wigs might seem like a small thing, but with them, it becomes a whole production. Suddenly we're trying on new personalities, laughing at ourselves in the mirror, striking silly poses, and discovering that sometimes the best kind of beauty is the kind that comes with giggles and crooked bangs.

These are the moments that stitch themselves into my heart. The moments when I get to see who they're becoming, while also remembering who I was when I was their age, full of wonder, play, and possibility.

Wigs and laughter may not seem like much, but with my granddaughters, they become pure joy. These are the blessings I want to hold onto. These are the memories that make life feel full.

Sometimes the greatest gifts are the simplest ones. A little play. A lot of laughter. And time spent with my girls.


Before



After











No comments:

Post a Comment