One moment touched my heart. A little boy pointed at a bright yellow school bus and said look dad, look with all the urgency and trust a child can hold. His father didn’t rush him or brush him aside. He bent down, looked exactly where his son pointed, and gave him his full attention. When I echoed the boy’s excitement, the father smiled and said, he wants me to look at everything. There was warmth in his voice, not frustration. It was such a simple exchange, yet it held the whole shape of love: a child longing to be seen, and a father choosing to see.
As I walked away, I found myself thinking about my Heavenly Father. I thought about how often I whisper, look at that sky or look at the mountains rising in the distance. And I wondered if He feels the same quiet joy when I draw His attention to something beautiful. I imagine Him turning His gaze toward whatever I’m noticing and saying, I see it, and I see you.
But beauty isn’t the only thing I bring to Him. There are those moments that are not lovely at all. The storms. The misunderstandings. The days when your heart feels heavy or your voice feels small. When I call out His name in those moments, I believe He bends toward me just as tenderly. He gives me His undivided attention whether I am pointing to something lovely or something painful. He listens to whatever I want to share, without hesitation and without hurry.
He is a Father who never tires of my voice, who never grows weary of looking when I say look, who delights in the simple fact that I want to share something with Him. And I am grateful for that kind of love, grateful for fathers on earth who show us glimpses of it, and grateful for a Heavenly Father who sees me in joy and in sorrow, in clarity and in confusion, and who never grows weary of hearing my voice when I call out His name.
No comments:
Post a Comment